Friday, November 12, 2010

Anscombe's Moral Philosophy

Ever since I chose not to use a stock photograph of something or other and went with my favourite colours for the cover instead, I've been dreading what the new book might look like. So I'm very relieved that the design people have done such a nice job.

I also can't believe how generous Cora Diamond has been with the comment she's provided:
"A splendid book on a remarkable thinker, whose writings on ethics are deeply controversial. Richter makes clear the power and enduring interest of Anscombe's ideas. His reading is distinguished by sympathetic insight and sharp critical intelligence, making the book essential reading for anyone interested in ethics."—Cora Diamond, University of Virginia

10 comments:

  1. Looks great!
    Cora Diamond usually hits the nail on its head.
    I'm looking forward to reading it.
    Congratulations with the new book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. really cool cover. it's got a nice, classic look.

    2. cora diamond's comment is not the least bit surprising, to me at least.

    3. i'll be sure to pass this along to the dept. faculty here at mason.

    4. you're the bomb.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Tanner. They did a very good job with the cover, and Cora Diamond is very kind. I hope not misleadingly so.

    ReplyDelete