Friday, February 3, 2012

iGoogle

I know there are competing products out there, and if you use them it's probably because you know more than I do, but here are three things I love about having iGoogle as my homepage:

  1. You can create your own "theme" using pictures of your children 
  2. You can add the gadget "World Webcams," which shows you live pictures from around the world 
  3. You can wake up to see a blog post with your own name in the title in your Google Reader, just as if you were part of a real news story
The latter has made my day.  (Although what that says about me is causing me some concern.)

4 comments:

  1. i actually like subscribing to my own blog in google reader for a different reason - i see the entries listed there (and counted) and then feel like, gosh, look at how productive that guy is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's good. I only sometimes think of blogging as productive, but then my blogging isn't as thoughtful as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, when you have a meager publication record lower-prestige writing takes on a more impressive aspect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not all in the eye of the beholder.

    ReplyDelete